The USDA Summer EBT for Children program is back this summer. Funds are available once again for those households that received Free or Reduced School meals at a participating school!! Households must apply online by April 15th to receive a Summer Nutrition EBT Card.
What is the Summer Nutrition Program?
- The Cherokee Nation WIC Nutrition Program is administering the Summer Nutrition Project.
- The Summer Nutrition Project is only available to students eligible for free/reduced school meals through the State Nutrition Process, it is administered during summer months when school is not in session.
- Students do not have to be tribal members to apply.
- This is not the WIC Nutrition Program: however, it provides the same foods WIC offers.
- The Summer Nutrition Card works like a debit card with a PIN #.
- Food is loaded onto your Summer Nutrition Card before you receive it for three benefit periods, they will not roll over.
- Each school age child in the household will receive food on the Summer Nutrition Card for each of the summer months.
- You can use your Summer Nutrition Card at the grocery stores that accept the Cherokee Nation eWIC card
- Receiving the SEBTC food benefits will not affect any of your existing family assistance benefits (such as the Summer Food Services Program, Food Distribution on Indian Reservations, SNAP, TANF, WIC, etc.).
If you have any questions you can contact them directly. All contact info is on the flyer.